Government Solutions Quality Assurance Program
Black Box uses a fully compliant and registered ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System (QMS) for quality assurance/quality control of all our products and services, with demonstrated emphasis and commitment of the following:
- Customer focus
- Involvement of people
- Process approach
- System approach to management
- Continuous improvement
Our QMS reflects our corporate mission and includes a commitment to meeting customer requirements, as well as perpetuating continuous improvement. In addition, our QMS provides a mechanism for establishing, implementing, measuring, monitoring, and maintaining objectives and is communicated and understood throughout our entire organization.
Upon award, Black Box will use our QMS and policies to produce, execute, and maintain a quality control plan. Our plan closely aligns to the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management principles. Our QMS meets the same standards, covering all quality aspects of the implementation and ensuring continuous improvement. The Black Box QMS utilizes the ITIL framework to develop best practices in quality assurance methods. We also use ISO 9001:2008 quality initiatives, along with PMP principles to develop and implement QMS plans. As ITIL-based Project Quality Management defines coordinated activities to direct and control IT Service Management quality, so too will our ISO 9001:2008 based QMS. This quality control plan will systematically monitor and maintain quality services throughout the life-cycle of our contract, facilitate continuous improvement using customer feedback, as well as provide necessary flexibility for staff to adapt to changing priorities within the contract. All QMS reporting will be available for review by Customer Representatives.
Management Involvement in Quality Assurance Processes
Black Box�s entire corporate management team is fully committed to our implemented QMS. Our corporate management team ensures that quality objectives are established at relevant functions and levels within the organization and site specific teams. In addition, corporate management conducts QMS planning during management review meetings and tracks the objectives set in order to meet the requirements of our QMS. Corporate management ensures the integrity of the QMS is maintained when changes to the QMS are planned and implemented. Furthermore, management reviews of the QMS are conducted at planned intervals to ensure continuing suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of our QMS. This review includes assessing opportunities for improvement and the need for changes to our QMS, including the quality policy and objectives. Furthermore, our Management team will review the Risk Register throughout the project and ensure that it is maintained as a MS Office Excel 2010 spreadsheet, which will be available for review and discussion at any point during the project.
Black Box Quality Management System
Black Box has well-established procedures to ensure that all work meets the required quality standards and that all technicians understand and provide services that meet or exceed established quality standards. These procedures include Initial Quality Requirements, Training, Quality Workmanship, and Process Checklists; Quality Test and Inspections; Risk Management; and Corrective Actions. Our site-specific Quality Control Plan (QCP) addresses:
- Customer performance standards
- Black Box internal performance standards
- Site-specific activities and tasks required to meet customer requirements
- Site-specific project plan milestones, sequencing of events, and related deliverables
- Site-specific safety standards, maintenance requirements, and record keeping
- Documented Quality Control (QC) processes and procedures for testing, retesting, and inspection activities to be applied to identified activities and tasks
- Quality Workmanship Checklists (QWCs) for identified activities and tasks
- List of customer furnished equipment, materials, acceptance conditions, inventory requirements, and procedures
- Black Box personnel performance review objectives and measurements
- Black Box corporate and on-site organizational management structure and position functions to enforce QC objectives, processes, and procedures
- Black Box internal schedules for QC policy communications and on-site quality audits
- Customer evaluation schedules and approval criteria, as applicable
All Black Box engineers and associated project personnel working in support of the customer, including the on-site and off-site technical and administrative support, receive training specific to their areas of responsibility when assigned to a position. This training identifies the quality standards involved, how the work is to be performed in accordance with these requirements, the purpose and use of QWCs, post-completion inspection requirements, and corrective action requirements.
None to date.
None to date.
Seaport-E Account Manager and designated Point-of-Contact
James Billings, Sr. Account Manager
Black Box Network Services - Government Solutions