Why Digital Signage |
Digital Signage Benefits
• It reduces printing and paper costs, as well as the waste created by disposing of
out-of-date posters and other static signage.
• You see the results of your efforts immediately—and you can correct mistakes on the fly.
No more unpleasant surprises when receiving collateral back from the printer.
• It's easy to integrate into existing networks with tools and products that enable you
leverage existing IT resources and legacy wiring.
• It's easy to implement with more out-of-the-box solutions technologies that use
easy-to-handle CAT5 wiring, as well as converters and adapters for mixing and matching cabling
• It's easy to expand using newer, modular audio/video cabling systems and multiport
expansion hubs and switches.
• It's getting more affordable as equipment prices fall, more suppliers enter the
marketplace, and more experienced integrators do the work, particularly as as the market for
digital signage grows (possibly as high as $2 billion by 2010).
• You no longer need to convert existing media. Newer content management tools support a
variety of imaging and video file formats (Windows® Media, Apple® QuickTime®,
RealNetworks®, MPEG-2 and -4, Adobe Flash®, and others).
• There are fewer barriers to entry; it's no longer the domain of larger corporations or
institutions. With more small- and mid-sized organizations wanting digital signage, vendors
have complied by developing solutions specifically for them.
• The availability of better reporting and tracking tools means you can more easily
analyze the effectiveness of your signage content and advertising campaigns.
• It can be used beyond your terrestrial infrastructure. Newer Wi-Fi® 802.11
technologies and satellite-delivery services have made integrating signage into wireless
setups a lot easier.
• There's a choice of content-creation tools with ready-made templates that give even
noncreative people the power to develop truly professional-looking presentations.
• It's clearly seen as a worthy investment. Because decision makers see it everywhere
and know it can provide a real ROI, they're now more likely to sign off on its purchase.
• The latest tools make integrating broadcast TV and Internet feeds into your signage a
Updating Web-sourced content can even be automated with dynamic and RSS aggregator technologies.
• There's no longer a learning curve to overcome for non-technical staff. User-friendly
editing tools and menu-based GUIs give everyday staff the ability to update content with little
• More IP-based applications available for refreshing content and issuing alerts via a
browser-based link, and tying remote signage to a central inventory system across a WAN.
Delivering superior technical support is our highest priority. Depending on the products or services we provide for you, please visit your appropriate support area.
Get in touch and stay in touch with Black Box Network Services:
» Contact us
» Get Catalog
» Join our Mailing List to Receive White Papers, Case Studies, and Special Offers
» Follow Us
Black Box Network Services offers comprehensive communications and infrastructure solutions. Find out what we can do for you:
Find high quality products at the right price. Search and buy from our 118,000+ product catalog:
Black Box Network Services is the world's largest independent provider of communications, infrastructure, and product solutions. Learn more about us:
You have added this item to your cart.