Power over Ethernet solutions for every application and environment. Power over Ethernet (PoE) is an economical solution that carries both data and power over the same Ethernet cable.
• Flexibility. Use 4-pair CATx twisted-pair cable for both data and low-wattage appliances.
• Convenience. Power distant devices in hard-to-reach areas and areas that aren't near a power outlet.
• Time/cost savings. Eliminate the need to run electrical wiring.
• Ease of use. Install and move devices with minimal disruption.
• Safety. Protect devices from power failures if your LAN is protected by a UPS.
• Building management systems
• Retail kiosks
• Remote monitoring
• Security cameras
• Smart signs
• VoIP phones
• Wireless access points
PSEs (Power Sourcing Equipment), which include end-span and mid-span injectors and switches, provide power to PDs over the Ethernet cable.
PDs (Powered Devices) are pieces of equipment like surveillance cameras, sensors, wireless access points, and any other devices that operate on PoE.
PoE devices are basically plug-and-play. Because they talk to each other, you don't have to worry about accidentally sending power to non-PoE devices.
Extenders Extend an Ethernet network and power PoE devices.
Media Converters Connect copper to long-distance fiber links to power PoE devices on the copper side.
Midspan Injectors An easy, economical method for adding PoE to your network.
Repeaters Extend PoE connections beyond the 100-meter Ethernet limit.
Splitters Split a PoE signal into separate power and data sources.
Switches Connect PoE equipment, even at the edge of your network.