Media converters enable you to connect different types of media, such as twisted pair, fiber, and coax, within a network. The most common use for media converters is to insert fiber segments into copper networks. This enables you the ability extend your Ethernet network beyond the 100-meter limit imposed by copper cable.
Find the right media converter for your application
Black Box has one of the largest selections of commercial and industrial media converters in the industry.
- For enterprise-wide systems, choose from chassis-based converters.
- To connect VoIP phones or take fiber to the desktop, select mini converters that tuck behind your PC.
- To power distant wireless access points and security cameras, choose PoE converters.
- You can even add 10-Gig extension with media converters.
- Multimode and single-mode fiber
- 10-, 100-, 1000-Mbps and 10-Gbps Ethernet
- BNC (ThinNet)