Here’s the rest of the top 10:
You know you’re in IT if…
- …you paid $6000 for your computer and $500 for your car.
- …when you get that 3 A.M. phone call, your first thought isn’t
Hope the kids are OK but instead What’s wrong at work NOW?!.
- …you accidentally tell your wife to submit a ticket when she asks
you what you want for dinner.
- …you’ve racked up ten weeks of vacation and still don’t have time to take any.
- …you know your IP address better than your phone number.
- …your doctor asks if you have enough fiber in your diet and
you ask single or multimode?.
- …you go into sleep mode when left idle.
- …you carry a USB drive in your pocket everywhere you go.
- …you don’t make eye contact with anyone so you don’t have to respond to their requests.
And here are 30 more of the top answers…
- …your fingers are stronger than your arms and your only tan originates from watching a monitor glow.
- …you know what a GUI is.
- …your home address starts with http:
- …you speak English as a second language because your native tongue is JAVA.
- …your bit is worse than your byte.
- …there is no place like 127.0.0.1.
- …you left Santa a note saying No cookies this year due to privacy concerns…
- …you proposed to your wife with a token ring.
- …you deal with people with the ID10T error a lot.
- …you’ve used an Ethernet cable to walk the dog.
- …you make CAT5 action figures.
- …on sunny days, your head is still in the clouds.
- …you still have your 10-year-old Black Box® Catalog.
- …the closest you’ll get to a woman’s digits is her IP address.
- …you have permafrost on your backside from working in the cold aisle!
- …you tie your tomato plants with cable ties!
- …you refer to your newborn child as your latest upgrade.
- …your hairloss pattern resembles a circuit board.
- …your only date is an update!
- …your skin is never any darker than the paper in the printer you’re installing.
- …when you hear a party is BYOB, you ask if they really meant BYOD.
- …you understand bandwidth, but have none left.
- …your phone rings more often than cathedral bells.
- …you know fiber has nothing to do with healthy cereal.
- …your pickup line in a bar is Do you dot come here often?.
- …you have lost a lot of hair and you’re only 30 years old!
- …your wardrobe says more than your resume.
- …you attempt Control, Alt, Delete to restart your lawnmower!
- …your pets are named bit and browser.
- …you cringe every time the phone rings.
Thanks to everyone who entered and voted! Stay tuned for more contests and your chance to win great prizes.