Find the right product for your application with these fast, easy online tools.
Black Box products can be conveniently purchasedthrough a broad range of qualified distributorsand resellers located around the globe.
Black Box is a qualified GSA supplier and acceptsall government purchasing cards.
Meet government requirements with our extensiveline of TAA compliant products.
Save with discounts tailored for first-time buyers,vertical markets, resellers, and more.
Sign up to receive your favoriteBlack Box catalogs free.
Get fast answers from one of our Experts.
Helping you is our priority at Black Box.You can contact us by phone, fax, email, or chat with one of our Experts for immediate assistance.
An Expert will call you within30 seconds. It's live and it'sfree.
Get fast answersfrom one of ourExperts.
Helping you is our priority at BlackBox. You can contact us by phone,fax, or email with one of our Experts for immediate assistance.
Local Sales Calls
1300 73 44 55
International Sales Calls
+61 3 9237 8100
(03) 9764 0673
+61 3 9764 0673
0800 653 219
0800 737 837
We’ll respond in 60 seconds or less!
Answered in 15 minutes or less!
We'll answer within 60 minutes or less!
The Ethernet standard supports 10-, 100-, and 1000-Mbps speeds. It supports both half- and full-duplex configurations over twisted-pair and fiber cable, as well as half-duplex over coax cable.
However, the Thick... more/see it nowand ThinNet Ethernet standards support only 10-Mbps speeds.
Standard (Thick) Ethernet (10BASE5)
• Uses “Thick” coax cable with N-type connectors for a backbone and a transceiver cable with 15-pin connectors from the transceiver to the network interface card.
• The maximum number of segments is five, but only three can have computers attached. The others are for network extension.
• The maximum length of one segment is 500 meters.
• The maximum total length of all segments is 2500 meters.
• The maximum length of one transceiver cable is 50 meters.
• The minimum distance between transceivers is 2.5 meters.
• No more than 100 transceiver connections per segment are allowed. A repeater counts as a station for both segments.
Thin Ethernet (ThinNet) (10BASE2)
• Uses “Thin” coax cable (RG-58A/U or RG-58C/U).
• The maximum length of one segment is 185 meters.
• The maximum number of segments is five.
• The maximum total length of all segments is 925 meters.
• The minimum distance between T-connectors is 0.5 meters.
• No more than 30 connections per segment are allowed.
• T-connectors must be plugged directly into each device. collapse
Delivering superior technical support is our highest priority. Depending on the products or services we provide for you, please visit your appropriate support area.
Get in touch and stay in touch with Black Box Network Services:
» Contact us
» Get Catalog
Black Box Network Services offers comprehensive communications and infrastructure solutions. Find out what we can do for you:
Find high quality products at the right price. Search and buy from our 118,000+ product catalog:
Black Box Network Services is the world's largest independent provider of communications, infrastructure, and product solutions. Learn more about us: