Find the right product for your application with these fast, easy online tools.
Black Box products can be conveniently purchasedthrough a broad range of qualified distributorsand resellers located around the globe.
Black Box is a qualified GSA supplier and acceptsall government purchasing cards.
Meet government requirements with our extensiveline of TAA compliant products.
Save with discounts tailored for first-time buyers,vertical markets, resellers, and more.
Sign up to receive your favoriteBlack Box catalogs free.
Get fast answers from one of our Experts.
Helping you is our priority at Black Box.You can contact us by phone, fax, email, or chat with one of our Experts for immediate assistance.
An Expert will call you within30 seconds. It's live and it'sfree.
Get fast answersfrom one of ourExperts.
Helping you is our priority at BlackBox. You can contact us by phone,fax, or email with one of our Experts for immediate assistance.
Local Sales Calls
1300 73 44 55
International Sales Calls
+61 3 9237 8100
(03) 9764 0673
+61 3 9764 0673
0800 653 219
0800 737 837
We’ll respond in 60 seconds or less!
Answered in 15 minutes or less!
We'll answer within 60 minutes or less!
Downtime is unacceptable and often costly. But its impossible to get 99.9% uptime when you plug your hardware into an AC outlet.
Power problems are the most common cause of network... more/see it nowinterruptions. According to an IBM® study, the average system is hit by 120 power disturbances per month.
Have you ever had to reset the clock on your VCR or seen the lights dim for a moment when the refrigerator kicks on? These are common occurrences that are insignificant at home but can cause a shutdown in your network. Many power disturbances are so short theyre invisible to the human eye, but they can make a router lock up or a switch require rebooting. Power problems are actually more common than you may know. For instance:
• 34% of network downtime is because of bad power (IBM study).
• 99% of power problems are brownouts (low voltage) or blackouts (complete outages). Only a UPS protects against those.
• It takes 90.87 seconds for switches in non redundant networks to recover from power interruptions.
• 45% of all data loss is caused by power problems.
For a small fraction of the cost of your networking hardware, you can purchase a UPS that protects your network from blackouts, brownouts (low voltages), and surges—even lightning strikes!
To prevent power disasters before they happen, more than 70% of servers are protected with a UPS. Network managers know that having a server down brings many operations to a halt. Although the loss of a single hub or router may not bring the entire corporation to a standstill, it can result in zero productivity for entire workgroups or remote offices.
How can you tell if your system is suffering from power problems?
See if some of these symptoms are familiar: damaged hardware, numerous service calls, erratic operation, unexplained problems, unreliable data, system slowdown, damaged software, system lockups, and more.
If youve experienced some of these problems, you need a UPS. It will keep power flowing, giving you enough time to shut down safely during a power outage. It will also regulate your power, smoothing out dangerous overvoltages and undervoltages, spikes, surges, and impulses that often go unnoticed. These power anomalies can be caused internally by nearby machinery, fluorescent lights, and elevators, as well as externally from nearby transformer problems, lightning strikes, downed power lines, and more.
Data and equipment losses from power problems are preventable. Eliminate system downtime and increase profitability and productivity with a UPS.
When looking for a UPS, consider these steps:
1. List all the equipment you have that needs protection. Remember to include monitors, terminals, hard drives, external modems, and any other equipment in the critical path of potential power or surge sources.
2. Add up the total amperage ratings of your equipment. This information is probably imprinted on the back of each device.
3. Multiply this total amperage figure by the operating voltage (typically 120 VAC in the U.S.) to obtain your total volt/amp (VA) requirement with a safety margin.
4. Select a UPS with a VA capacity at least as high as the amount in Step 3. To accommodate for future expansion, its wise to order a device with an even larger VA rating.
5. If you have questions about which UPS is right for you, contact Tech Support. collapse
Delivering superior technical support is our highest priority. Depending on the products or services we provide for you, please visit your appropriate support area.
Get in touch and stay in touch with Black Box Network Services:
» Contact us
» Get Catalog
» Join our Mailing List to Receive White Papers, Case Studies, and Special Offers
» Follow Us
Black Box Network Services offers comprehensive communications and infrastructure solutions. Find out what we can do for you:
Find high quality products at the right price. Search and buy from our 118,000+ product catalog:
Black Box Network Services is the world's largest independent provider of communications, infrastructure, and product solutions. Learn more about us: